The Force Governance consists of two phases:
- Community discussion
- On-chain/off-chain voting
A community discussion can start anywhere. Here in the forum, on Discord, Telegram or Twitter. At some point, it is desired to create a thread in the forum to form a structured discussion around the topic. Everyone has the opportunity to join and contribute to the discussion. This phase is an opportunity to do a temperature check in the community.
Ideally, you keep the discussion as a general, non-biased question about a potential change, improvement, or action. Be polite and respect each other’s opinions. A drafted proposal could include the following:
- Functional description (what are you proposing?)
- Purpose (what’s the “why”?)
- Background (what is the reasoning behind the proposal?)
- Reasoning & analysis (what is the case for the proposal? what are the pros and cons?)
- Technical implementation (who will be writing the code? what is the scope required?)
- Impact (how does this contribute to the long-term sustainability of Force?)
- Open questions (what else needs to be figured out?)
It is planned to require a minimum of 10M Force tokens to create a proposal. Anyone holding Force token can vote on the proposals. Snapshot doesn’t require any gas in order to participate in the votes. All you have to do is to authenticate with your Web3 wallet (e.g. MetaMask or WalletConnect).
The core team will create their proposals on both platforms. Community proposals will be duplicated to the required side in case the proposal owner has 10M balance only on one side.
The outcome of the voting will be decided by tallying up results and will be binding for the core team to implement. In the future, there will be other on-chain governance solutions that will trigger smart contract executions.